Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Take 2

Though this is a project from several months ago, it still meets the requirements that I have for my Thrifty Thursday posts. We needed some furniture after we moved into our new home - so decided to makeover some dressers from our local CHKD Thrift Store. We loved the style of this dresser and it was in decent shape, so snatched it up for $60.  I love the idea of a navy/yellow color scheme so we chose dark (not-quite-navy) spray paint and a great geometric print fabric for the door panels. This piece now resides in the nursery! 




 Since this item didn't have much of a grime problem, we wiped it down, took the hardware off, took the panels off, and then spray painted the cabinet separately from each of the drawers/doors. The hardware got a coat of a silver spray paint and was reinstalled once the dresser paint was dry. I added the fabric later and purposely kept the pattern random for each panel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment