Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gear Up

One day, late last summer, I asked my husband if he would benefit from having a business card. From previous posts, you may have remembered that he is in the U.S. Navy. After he agreed that it may be something worth doing, he also told me he didn't want it associated with any particular group or organization. While a curious thing to say (he isn't affiliated with any groups or organizations that I know of, aside from the aforementioned) I took it to heart and made it as mysteriously informative as I could. It lists his full name, phone number, personal email address, and Facebook URL. The design was meant to hint at his day job without associating him with any of those iwishtoremainanonymous affiliations. Since he is an Engineman - the gears were appropriate. Above all, the design needed to be simple, easy to read & understand, and visually memorable.




Sidenote: After I had these printed (with a gloss coating on the front, and a matte finish on the back) and had given them to my husband, his initial response was one of confused disappointment. He liked the design, but didn't understand why his job title/government email address/Navy Stuff (it's a technical term) wasn't included. [insert facepalm].

No comments:

Post a Comment